Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very unique stuffing. Can be vegan if cooked separately from the bird.
Make and share this Wild Rice, Dried Fruit and Toasted Hazelnut Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 2 cups minced onions
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried pear, , diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple, diced
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked until still firm
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked until still firm
- 2⁄3 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sage, minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chives, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the margarine over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add onions and a pinch sugar and saute, stirring frequently, until onions caramelize, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer onions to a large bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and melt remaining 2 tablespoons margarine.
- Add celery and garlic and cook until softened, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl with onions.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and toss to mix.
- Transfer stuffing to a greased (can use margarine or cooking spray) casserole, cover with foil and bake 1 hour.