Recipe by Cyn
This recipe originated from Cooking Light. It is easy and delicious, one of my friends even features this on her Personal Chef menu!
Top Review by sugarpea
This was terrific. Made it just as directed. The only thing I will change next time is to blend everything (except maybe the rice?) LIGHTLY in the food processor. The ingredients were so chunky that it was difficult to get the patties to hold together. Loved the taste and lightness of these crabcakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 lb crabmeat (imitation works fine)
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add wild rice; cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Combine cooked rice with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping into a 1 inch thick patty.
- Heat several teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties (they may not all fit) and cook 4 minutes on each side, or until golden.