Recipe by hksslmspt
If you want to top them with a sauce, combine light mayonnaise with lemon juice and a pinch of curry powder. Serve these with lemon wedges.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add wild rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Combine cooked wild rice, crab, and next 11 ingredients (crab through egg whites) in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1-inch-thick patty.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 patties; cook 4 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; cook 4 minutes or until golden.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties.