Recipe by DebS #2
Easy to make and low in calories and fats. Can be served over a bed of lettuce and topped with grilled chicken or served as a side dish. It was a real hit with my family when I served it for my mom's birthday.
Top Review by Susie D
This salad was a pleasant surprise. We enjoyed this salad quite a bit. I really worried the dressing would be overpoweringly sweet, but the vinegar gave it a nice contrast. I did use sugarless marmalade and chopped the pecans. Served with sirloin strip steaks and broccoli spears. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Reviewed for PAC Fall '07
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped, including tops
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2⁄3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the rice according to package directions but omit butter or oil. Cool.
- Add celery, green onions, grapes, oranges and pecan halvs.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- About 1 hour before serving add dressing.
- To make dressing: Shake orange marmalade and raspberry vinegar in a shaker jar and shake.