Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another amazing recipe from my Mom. She had a soup while eating at a quaint restaurant near Tusculum College in East TN and figured out the recipe. My son's favorite.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, in boullion (4 breasts)
- 1 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 2 Uncle Ben's brown and wild rice and mushrooms
- 8 cups chicken broth (from cooking chicken)
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 fat-free evaporated milk
- Combine all, and heat.
I altered recipe. I had no soup or evaporated milk. I used 2 cups of skim milk with 1/3 cup flour added to it. Also no tarragon on hand. I added curry and a little mongolian hot oil. We like the veggies so we included brocolli and fresh sliced mushrooms. Quite yummy and low fat!