Recipe by Epi Curious
I tinkered with several iterations of this salad before coming up with the final product. Great light meal served atop lettuce or just when you feel like having something lighter for lunch or dinner. Note that 8 hours of chilling time is needed to allow the flavors to meld...not referenced in cooking time.
- 8 7⁄8 ounces long grain and wild rice blend (microwave kind, I use Uncle Ben's)
- 6 ounces artichokes, quarters marinated in jar, drained and chopped
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped (drain juice)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (light or nonfat is ok)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cool a few minutes and put in a container that can be refrigerated. Add remaining ingredients and stir to blend. You can adjust the curry powder and mayonnaise, depending on your own tastes and how much mayo you like in your salad.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours. Serve on leaf lettuce (if desired).