Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Wild Rice Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- lettuce leaf
- Cook rice mix according to package directions.
- Drain artichoke quarters, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Stir together rice, artichokes, chicken, and next 4 ingredients.
- Stir together artichoke liquid, mayo, curry powder, and salt; toss with rice mixture.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaf.
This is almost exactly like a recipe I used many years ago and somehow lost the recipe. I was overjoyed to find it posted here. I made it this week and my husband and I enjoyed every single bite. The artichoke hearts are my favorite ingredient. I have taken this to many family reunions, potlucks and such. Always well-received. Thank-you--Gladys.