Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from one of my favorite OAMC cookbooks. Enjoy!
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) packagequick-cooking long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Cook rice according to package directions. Combine rice with chopped chicken, water chestnuts, celery and onion. Put mixture in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Freeze until needed.
- To prepare for serving, thaw rice and chicken mixture, remove from bag and place in a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Stir mayo and cream of mushroom soup together and spread over the top of the chicken. Mix together.
- Bake covered in a preheated 325 oven for 1 hour.
Lovely combination of flavors---reminds me of a recipe a friend gave me years ago when I came home from the hospital after my 2nd son was born--so this was like a walk down Memory Lane! My recipe doesn't have the water chestnuts, so this was a nice bit of crunchiness! Thanks! Made for *My Three Chefs Autumn 09 OAMC Autumn Suppers*