Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in one of our local church cookbooks. It is a really simple casserole to put together. It can be preassembled the day before and then baked the day of your meal. Great for potlucks.
- 1 (6 ounce) packageuncle ben long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 2 cups homemade cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Combine prepared rice,chicken, beans, soup, mayo,onions, chestnuts and pimento.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25- 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- If desired sprinkle shredded cheese on top and return to oven, uncovered, until cheese is melted (2-3 minutes).
This was a wonderful tasting casserole. My family loved it. I made a few minor changes. I used cream of mushroom soup because that's what I had on hand and I used 1/2 cup of Marie's ranch dressing in place of the mayo. I added 3 tbs slivered almonds to the mixture and I put the cheese on top before I put the casserole in the oven to bake. Thanks for sharing this treasure of a recipe!