Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This goes well with a salad and some crusty rolls. A nice light dinner. Make sure you stir half-way through cooking as stated or may come out runny (found this out after making it a few times).
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up (I just use chicken breasts)
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 small onion, cut up
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) packageseasoned long grain rice (like Lipton Sidekick or Uncle Ben's, size is approximate)
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Mix all ingredients together including seasoning packet from rice.
- Place in ungreased 2 qt casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- STIR HALFWAY THROUGH COOKING.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed.
This dish tasted good, but the smell, oh the smell! It turned DBF off, and he wouldn't try the dish. I'm more of a trooper though and didn't let the smell hinder my tasting. The dish tasted alright, but the smell lingered in my house for two days. I used less than 1/4 of an onion too. I'm not sure if i'll make this again because of the smell factor, but it really is an okay tasting dish.
Didn't like this as much as I thought I would. The rice seasoning was too overpowering. Maybe it would have been different with another brand.
I made this recipe on the stove instead of the oven. I cooked the rice as directed on the box, adding the cooked chicken about half way through. After it was done I added the soup & milk. Cooking it this way saved me about 20 minutes cook time. Simple, easy, tasty...