Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family prefers chow mein noodles for the topping on this casserole. From the kitchen of Tona Thornburg Court, Bridgeton MO.
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups boneless chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Blend in soup and next 6 ingredients; mix gently.
- Add chicken broth and mix.
- Spread in a buttered 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.