- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can onion soup or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (dissolved in 3/4 - 1 cup hot water)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice or 1⁄2 cup long grain brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, beef consomme, and onion soup in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Place in 350 degree oven until butter melts.
- Add water chestnuts, mushrooms, water, and rice with seasonings that are included in box.
- Stir to mix.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for one hour.