Recipe by Evan's Mommy
This casserole is a great comfort food and makes a good impression if cooking for company. It only has 3 steps to prepare! Who can beat that? I like to double this recipe and freeze one for a future dinner. This is a favorite of my hubby.
Top Review by Merlot
This rice casserole was a huge hit with everyone at our big pot luck dinner. We had a lot of dishes to prepare and this was particularly easy to make and yet very flavorful. The water chestnuts and nuts gave it a nice texture and crunch. WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing, Evan's Mommy.
- 1 package quick-cook long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or "cream of" your choice - cream of celery a good substitute)