Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Recipe by Chris Smith
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
- 4 cups water
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms or 8 ounces canned mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into lightly greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nicely flavoured wild-rice casserole. I didn't understand the 'cover and cook on high 2 1/2 hours' - is that an oven setting? I decided to cook on 'high' in the microwave here (and not heat up the house) and microwaved for 8 minutes, stirred once, then microwaved for 7 minutes longer and left it to 'rest' for another 15-20 minutes as I got the rest of the dinner ready. Fluffed before serving. It worked fine.