1 hr 10 mins
Serve as a side salad, put it on a buffet table or use it to stuff roasted chicken or turkey. From Rose Reisman's The Complete Light Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried chopped apricot
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or 1/3 cup parsley
- 1Combine the wild and brown rice with the stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 35-40 minutes, or just until the rice is tender. Drain off the excess liquid. Place the rice in a large serving bowl and set aside to cool.
- 2Stir the pecans, green onion, cranberries, apricots and cilantro into the cooled rice.
- 3Whisk the olive oil, juice concentrate, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and garlic together in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. You can prepare up to a day in advance and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice, Brown Rice and Dried Fruit Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: