I am not sure where this originally came from (I did not make it up). My OAMC Club uses this recipe Enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut into pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup white wine worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- Cook rice mix.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, and wine.
- Stir in chicken and cooked rice.
- Turn into casserole or baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Leftover idea ** Make chicken soup with leftover chicken. Save chicken stock from above recipe. Add 1/3 cup onion, 1 can corn, 1 1/2 cups noodles. Simmer 10 minutes. Add leftover chicken 1-2 cups, heat thoroughly. Season with parsley, salt and pepper.
Oops. Thought I had cream of mushroom soup, ended up having to substitute cream of chicken. No problem however, it tasted great anyway. I highly advise using the white wine worcestershire sauce as it adds great tangy flavor. I used about 10 generous shakes of the bottle. I also added grated parmesean cheese on top during the last 15 minutes of cooking. This is a keeper!
I really liked this recipe but I felt that it was missing something. My boyfriend added soy sauce to his and it was amazing! I didn't have the right Worcestshire sauce and only used two tbsp so that might be what was missing. Will definitely try to find some tweaks for this!
Made this for dinner tonight. I used chicken broth instead of wine and greek yogurt instead of sour cream. This makes a lot, more like 6 servings than 4. It will make good leftovers too.