I am not sure where this originally came from (I did not make it up). My OAMC Club uses this recipe Enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut into pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup white wine worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- Cook rice mix.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, and wine.
- Stir in chicken and cooked rice.
- Turn into casserole or baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Leftover idea ** Make chicken soup with leftover chicken. Save chicken stock from above recipe. Add 1/3 cup onion, 1 can corn, 1 1/2 cups noodles. Simmer 10 minutes. Add leftover chicken 1-2 cups, heat thoroughly. Season with parsley, salt and pepper.