Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This goes very nicely with any meat dish. I have often made it for company and to tell the truth, I think I could eat it all myself.
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 lbs broccoli
- 1 package Uncle Bens wild rice
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 can water
- Cook rice mixture as directed.
- Cook broccoli until cunchy.
- Mix soup and cheese.
- Butter the casserole dish.
- Alternate cheese-soup mixture, broccoli and rice in layers.
- Sprinkle with additional grated cheese.
- Cook at 350 for 45- 60 minutes.
We used this dish with game--pheasant breast in a tomato sauce and venison curried meatballs. The rice was a great hit. We used the Uncle Ben's mushroom flavored rice and I added 1/2 tsp. beef and 1/2 tsp. chicken soup base to the water to add to the flavor. Likewise, I added 1/4 cup cheeze whiz with the soup, cheese and water. Made it very creamy. We doubled the recipe and it made MORE than enough for 10!
Thanks Bert for a great recipe. I used celery soup instead of mushroom as it was what I had on hand. A nice comfort dish.