Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have never made this as "bread" but rather just make the dough in my breadmaker and form into a dozen rolls...yummy! I found the recipe in a compilation of recipes served in restaurants around Lake Superior in Minnesota, Ontario, Michigan and Wisconsin, collected by Judy Kreag and entitled "Savor Superior".
- Mix wild rice, honey and molasses and let set overnight.
- In breadmaker, add flour, butter, dry milk, sugar, salt and water, then the wild rice mixture.
- Add yeast and cook as directed.
- Or, mix dough in breadmaker, form into 12 rolls and place in greased glass pie plate.
- Let rise, covered, 60 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.