Recipe by LiisaN
MN twist to a southwest favorite. Got this one from the MN Wild Rice Council at the MN State Fair! YUMMMY!!!!!
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Yum yum! I was looking for something to use my enchilada sauce with, and I just had to try this one...being from MN and all. I used pre-cooked canned wild rice, and red hot enchilada sauce. I also used regular yellow corn because it is just what I had on hand. DH loved it, thanks! UPDATE- I recently made this with lean ground turkey and chicken broth isntead of beef. It was great, an easy and lower cal substitution!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) boxgreen giant shoepeg frozen white corn in butter sauce, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (9 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large suacepan, brown beef, onion and garlic- drain fat.
- Add corn, chilies, beef broth, enchilada sauce and cumin.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Add wild rice and cilantro.
- Simmer 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls, top with cheese.