Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
what a great way to use up leftover wild rice!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3⁄4 cup chopped apple, unpeeled
- add all ingredients except apple to the machine in this order.
- cook on whole wheat cycle--.
- before the end of last kneading, or at the beep, add apple.
DELICIOUS! Per Geema's review, I used apple juice instead of water ~ I added 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten and 1 teaspoon lemon juice ~ also added 2/3 cup finely chopped toasted pecans. Used the ABM on the dough cycle, then baked in a 350F oven for 30 minutes. Made for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks chia!
This bread baked up very light and tender in my bread machine. I used apple juice instead of water and think the added apple flavor might have been an improvement to this delightfully different bread. Now I'm trying to think up ways to use this yummy loaf. We had it warm from the machine for lunch with a fruit salad and it was perfect!