1/1 Photo of Wild Rice and Walnut Pilaf
Cooking Light. Nov 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long-grain brown and wild rice mix (such as Lundberg's)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2Stir in water, rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, chives, juice, and oil. Sprinkle each serving with walnuts.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice and Walnut Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 301.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown and wild rice mix