Recipe by Nif
If you prefer chicken, feel free to substitute it for the turkey. This is a healthy and easy slow cooker recipe. It's the best kind of comfort food because it's missing the guilt ;) Enjoy!
Top Review by ellie_
Very good -- hot and comfort food with almost no work. I left mine in for the whole day, my crockpot switches to warm when the 5 hours is up -- wonderful and so easy too! I didn't have any Italian seasoning so use 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp thyme. Next time I may add carrots and/or other veggies depending what we have on hand. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts or 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup celery heart, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (1 carton)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, add rice, turkey/chicken, onion and celery. In a separate bowl, whisk together broth, flour, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or until turkey/chicken is cooked through and rice is open.
- Serve turkey/chicken stew with fresh parsley.