Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Fresh, delicious, beautiful salad that is PERFECT for a luncheon or a light summer brunch. Serve chilled and enjoy with a glass of extra chilly Sauvignon Blanc. --Original recipe found on i-village.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion, - green parts included (approximately 3)
- 1 lb strawberry, quartered and sliced (1 pound)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice (blood oranges are extra yummy!)
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, boil water.
- Once boiling add wild rice to the water and return to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 50 minutes or until water is absorbed. (Can refrigerate at this point if making ahead.).
- Allow rice to cool~ add oil, orange juice, vinegar, scallions and strawberries.
- Toss, serve and enjoy!