Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
makes an elegant side dish to any dinner party
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 package spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- preheat oven to 425.
- cook rice according to pkge directions, using beef broth as part of the liquid melt butter in skillet, add mushrooms, saute until browned.
- add spinach, cook until wilted, add cream cheese until melted.
- add rice mixture, stir.
- transfer mixture to 8 small baking dishes, top with swiss cheese.
- bake 40 minutes until browned.
Great recipe! My husband made it for my birthday dinner. He said it was easy to make. He made it with frozen spinach instead of fresh. I'm sure it is better with fresh spinach but I'm not sure how it could be. We will make this recipe over and over again.
Chia, this is VERY good, Even though I did use the frozen spinach.My dinner guest like very much, I served it with Mimi's Steaks. Next time I make it I will use the Fresh.