Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another wild rice recipe but without the canned soup. Posted for Zaar World Tour I I, 2006
- 3 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 lb sausage, seasoned
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup buttered bread crumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fry sausage until brown and drain off grease.
- Sauté mushrooms, celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly and keep stirring until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, rice and sausage to mushroom sauce and place mixture in a greased casserole dish.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
Very good casserole! I loved the sauce with the celery and onions. Needs pretty much salt, though. I'll make this again. Thanx for sharing.
Thick, hearty, rich, and wholesome, this casserole was delicious! I really enjoyed the sauce as it's MUCH better than canned stuff. So fresh and so creamy! This came out of the oven with a golden top and intoxicating the whole house with it's aroma. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper recipe. It's fabulous!