Motley Oklahoman's Note:
A southern coastal favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (5 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 dashes hot sauce, plus more, to taste
- 2 quarts oysters, very well drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely minced
- red pepper flakes, for garnishing
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a saucepan, bring the beef broth and water to a boil. Add the rice, bring to a boil again, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 25 minutes. Drain any liquid remaining. Add 1/2 cup of the butter and hot sauce and stir; fluff with a fork.
- 3Saute the drained oysters in 1/4 cup of the butter over medium-high heat until the edges curl, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the oysters with a slotted spoon; set aside. Place half of the rice in a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Cover it with oysters and sprinkle with hot sauce and salt and pepper, to taste. Top with the remaining rice.
- 4In a saucepan, heat the mushroom soup over medium heat. Add the half-and-half, onion powder, and garlic salt. Pour over the oyster mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice and Oyster Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.2
- Calories from Fat 509
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 340.6 mg
- Sodium 1638.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend