Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy and filling soup that's also easy on the calories.
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, stems removed,thinly sliced (use whatever varity available)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup cooked wild rice, cooled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- Cook mushrooms, celery and onion in butter over high heat until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add broth.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Reduce heat.
- Stir in light cream, cooked wild rice, marjoram and salt/pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat until heated through—about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
We loved this recipe, including the kids. It makes a nice thick, and filling soup. Great with my homemade bread.
This soup is absolutely wonderful. I made it at work and had to give out copies of the recipe to everyone. The only change I made was to add a small box of Zateran's wild rice mix and a little more chicken broth. It's very easy to make and delicious!!