Recipe by superblondieno2
This is a recipe typical to Canadian cuisine. It is simple to prepare and not too long to cook.
Top Review by lauralie41
We loved this rice and it is so easy to make. I bought Uncle Ben's wild rice and used dried parsley to garnish. DH has two favorites here, rice and mushrooms, so will be making this again. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4.
- 3⁄4 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, thyme, basil, salt and stock. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Trim mushrooms;slice large mushrooms. cut small mushrooms in half.
- Melt butter in a large stovetop casserole. Add onion; saute until golden brown.
- Add prepared mushrooms, saute until lightly browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the rice mixture and any stock or broth not absorbed.
- Cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle parsley over the top.