Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a colourful salad that would go well with any grilled meats or fish. I made this up with a wild rice/brown rice combination and used a mix of red and orange peppers. I cut the sesame oil down as the mangos are quite moist. Currants would look wonderful in this salad. This does not take into account chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 mangoes, ripe
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or up to 4 T)
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the rice according to directions.
- Add the chopped peppers, red onion and cucumber.
- Vinaigrette: Combine the lemon juice, honey, sesame oil, garlic, chili flakes. Add to the rice/vegetable mixture and chill.