Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a savoury tart that is wonderful served for brunch or Sunday breakfast. I like to serve this with fresh fruit slices. I use a refrigerated pie crust but you could certainly sub in your own pie shell.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 8 pecan halves, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450.
- Place pie crust in 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Press in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Trim edges.
- DO NOT PRICK CRUST.
- Bake at 450 for 9 to 10 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce heat to 400.
- In medium bowl, combine ham ,wild rice, bell pepper, onions and mushrooms; mix well.
- Beat eggs in small bowl until well blended.
- Add sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over bottom of baked crust.
- Spread ham mixture over cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over ham mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, arranging pecan halves on top of tart during last 10 minutes of baking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.