1 hr 5 mins
This is a savoury tart that is wonderful served for brunch or Sunday breakfast. I like to serve this with fresh fruit slices. I use a refrigerated pie crust but you could certainly sub in your own pie shell.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4 1/2 ounces sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 8 pecan halves, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 450.
- 2Place pie crust in 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- 3Press in bottom and up sides of pan.
- 4Trim edges.
- 5DO NOT PRICK CRUST.
- 6Bake at 450 for 9 to 10 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven.
- 8Reduce heat to 400.
- 9In medium bowl, combine ham ,wild rice, bell pepper, onions and mushrooms; mix well.
- 10Beat eggs in small bowl until well blended.
- 11Add sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper; blend well.
- 12Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over bottom of baked crust.
- 13Spread ham mixture over cheese.
- 14Pour egg mixture over ham mixture.
- 15Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 16Bake at 400 for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, arranging pecan halves on top of tart during last 10 minutes of baking time.
- 17Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice and Ham Country Tart
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 127.6 mg
- Sodium 631.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 16.7 g