Recipe by l0ve2c00k
"As this rich egg dish bakes, the wild rice settles to the bottom to form a hearty crust. Working ahead? You can make this dish up to 24 hours in advance; simply assemble the ingredients and pour into the buttered baking dish, then cover and refrigerate until ready to bake and serve" Hobby Farms Recipes. I think cooking and prep time are very off. Please don't hesitate to correct the recipe if you do this dish and the times are absolutely off! Thank you =)
- 118.29 ml green onion, thinly sliced, include some green portion of onions
- 158.51 ml red bell peppers or 158.51 ml yellow bell peppers or 158.51 ml green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 8 large eggs
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 354.88 ml cooked wild rice, cooled
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat butter in heavy-bottomed skillet,
- sauté green onions and peppers until peppers begin to soften. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, half-and-half, and salt and pepper.
- Stir in wild rice, onions and peppers, and one cup of the cheese.
- Pour into buttered 8-inch by 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.