Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
"As this rich egg dish bakes, the wild rice settles to the bottom to form a hearty crust. Working ahead? You can make this dish up to 24 hours in advance; simply assemble the ingredients and pour into the buttered baking dish, then cover and refrigerate until ready to bake and serve" Hobby Farms Recipes. I think cooking and prep time are very off. Please don't hesitate to correct the recipe if you do this dish and the times are absolutely off! Thank you =)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced, include some green portion of onions
- 2⁄3 cup red bell peppers or 2⁄3 cup yellow bell peppers or 2⁄3 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat butter in heavy-bottomed skillet,
- sauté green onions and peppers until peppers begin to soften. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, half-and-half, and salt and pepper.
- Stir in wild rice, onions and peppers, and one cup of the cheese.
- Pour into buttered 8-inch by 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.