Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
Healthy and addictive...and that's no oxymoron. From Chow.
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 2 cups shelled cooked edamame, thawed if frozen
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and small dice
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar, plus more as needed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the almonds in a medium frying pan over medium heat and toast, stirring often, until golden brown (do not let the nuts burn), about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Add the sesame seeds to the pan and toast, stirring often, until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the almonds.
- Add the rice, scallions, edamame, carrots, and cranberries to the bowl with the almonds and sesame seeds and toss to combine.
- Whisk the olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Drizzle over the rice mixture and toss to combine. Taste and season as needed with more salt, pepper, and vinegar. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.