Recipe by Susan Dillard
The dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated for a couple of days. This would be great with grilled chicken or seafood. This is so good, I plan on having this one even when cranberries aren't in season! Prep time is not counting time to cook wild rice which can be done ahead.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup cooked orzo pasta (about 1/2 cup uncooked rice shaped pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing: combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
- To prepare salad: combine wild rice and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle rice mixture with dressing, tossing to coat.