Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice, rinsed and drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 celery ribs, with leaves finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups store-bought cornbread stuffing mix, crumbled
- 3 cups chicken broth, heated (homemade or canned)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Stir in wild rice and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Return to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat 50 minutes.
- Drain in a large coarse sieve.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add celery, onions and garlic; sauté, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add cooked wild rice and stuffing mix or cornbread; heat through, stirring.
- Add broth, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread evenly in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish, and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- (Dressing may be prepared up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerated.) Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.