1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice, rinsed and drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 celery ribs, with leaves finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups store-bought cornbread stuffing mix, crumbled
- 3 cups chicken broth, heated (homemade or canned)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1In a 3-quart saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- 2Stir in wild rice and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3Return to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat 50 minutes.
- 4Drain in a large coarse sieve.
- 5In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 6Add celery, onions and garlic; sauté, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened.
- 7Add cooked wild rice and stuffing mix or cornbread; heat through, stirring.
- 8Add broth, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Spread evenly in a 9" x 13" glass baking dish, and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 10(Dressing may be prepared up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerated.) Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice and Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 332.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cornbread stuffing mix