Recipe by DesertRose15
This soup combines many of my favorite comfort foods. Perfect to come home to on a chilly day.
Top Review by Susie D
This was an easy to make recipe using pantry staples. I reduced the water by half wanting a thicker soup and added a few more carrots. Next time I would add more for additional color. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water