Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this recipe years ago in a newspaper. Another good way to use up leftover chicken or turkey.
Top Review by Impera_Magna
I made the recipe as given except I subbed fresh broccoli for the frozen. Definitely comfort food with a mild flavor. When I make it next time, I think I will add celery to the onions & mushrooms when sauteing and perhaps a few mor spices/herbs. Thanks for sharing this recipe.... it worked well w/ leftover chicken!
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice following directions.
- Cook onions and mushrooms in butter in a small saucepan.
- Add sauce mix and water.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Combine rice, chicken and broccoli in a greased 2 qt.
- Spoon on sauce.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 minutes.