Recipe by KyJo
Comfort food. I've actually added a little cheese to this sometimes, because cheese goes with everything.
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb med-sized mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease 6 cup casserole dish.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels.
- Cook onion, carrots and mushrooms in bacon drippings until browned.
- (About 5 minutes) Transfer to a bowl.
- Add bacon and rice.
- Combine cream, egg and salt.
- Fold into rice mixture.
- Spoon into casserole and cover with foil.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fluff with fork.
- Return to oven, uncovered, and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fluff with fork before serving.