Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from my mother, who told me recently (when I served her a 'Zaar bulgur recipe) that she'd never eaten bulgur before. But this recipe is on a yellowed, crumbling newspaper clipping, so I guess she meant to! We tried it and it's great.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, cranberries and bulgur.
- Cook until wheat is browned, 3-4 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add cooked wild rice, broth, and thyme.
- Stir well.
- Simmer, covered, until wheat is cooked (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This can be served immediately (while warm), or you can make it 1-2 days ahead and refrigerate.
- To reheat, cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.