1/1 Photo of Wild Rice and Barley Pilaf With Dried Fruit
1 hr 10 mins
This is a takeoff of a Cooking Light recipe which calls for quinoa. I realized at the last minute I didn't have enough, and this recipe was born as a result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth or 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 177.44 ml wild rice
- 59.14 ml pearl barley
- 14.79 ml Smart Balance butter spread
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 236.59 ml leek, green parts (or 2 c green and white, omit onion)
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground sage
- 4 garlic cloves
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries (cherry flavored are great!)
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1Bring broth and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add wild rice and barley. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand 15 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- 2Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- 3Add leek, celery, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and sage; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 5Stir in cooked rice, cranberries, and walnuts; cook until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice and Barley Pilaf With Dried Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: