This is from one of my new cookbooks by Cookshelf - Rice and Risotto. I have not tried it, but the ingredients sound wonderful. Hope you agree and enjoy it!!! Cook time is the time it takes to cook the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 1/2 cups water (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 3 -4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 -3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 8 -12 large scallops, cut in half lengthwise
- lemons or lime slice, optional
- 1Cook the rice in the water, as directed on the package.
- 2Allow to cool slightly.
- 3Toast the nuts lightly in a skillet, for about 2 minutes.
- 4Let the nuts cool and chop coarsely.
- 5Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a pan.
- 6Stir in the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and brown.
- 7Drain bacon on paper towel.
- 8Remove some of the oil from the pan.
- 9Stir in the shallots, cooking for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- 10Stir the toasted nuts, bacon and shallots into the rice.
- 11Add the walnut oil, vinegar, 1/2 of the chopped dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Toss the ingredients to mix well and set aside.
- 13Brush a non-stick pan with the remaining oil.
- 14Heat until very hot.
- 15Add the scallops and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- 16Do not overcook.
- 17Divide the rice mixture evenly among 4 individual plates.
- 18Top with scallops.
- 19Sprinkle with remaining dill.
- 20Serve immediately with lemon or lime slices if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice and Bacon Salad With Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 242.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g