Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
I had this at the Wild Oats deli...it is to die for...they have the recipe on their website...so here it is.
Top Review by Southern Bug
This is probably one of my top 5 dishes of all time!! We left out the tomatoes, but otherwise made exactly as stated. I was nervous about the mint being really strong, but it was not at all. Served on Christmas Eve with sliced steak sandwiches and potatoes. Delicious!!!
- 2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, Wild Oats Organic
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) package Baby Spinach, organic, rough chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente and drain.
- Whisk together the mint, garlic, oregano, red pepper, salt, oil and vinegar, set aside.
- Place orzo in a large bowl.
- Stir in spinach, feta, onion, olives, tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Toss with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or chill for 60 minutes.