Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
Can't wait to make this...may sub splenda in for the agave as the sweetener. Looks fabulous...would expect nothing else from my favorite company and website...Wild Oats.
Top Review by sheepdoc
I never considered putting blue cheese in coleslaw, but this was awesome. I only made half the dressing, boiled it, and put it on hot because that's my favorite way to make coleslaw. Also I couldn't find purple cabbage so settled for coleslaw mix with green and purple cabbage. Made for My 3 Chefs 2013.
- 1 1⁄4 cups grapeseed oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, buttermilk and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first six ingredients in a blender; pulse to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine cabbage, apples, carrots and green onion.
- Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Add walnuts and blue cheese before serving.