Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can't wait to make this...may sub splenda in for the agave as the sweetener. Looks fabulous...would expect nothing else from my favorite company and website...Wild Oats.
- 1 1⁄4 cups grapeseed oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, buttermilk and crumbled
- Place first six ingredients in a blender; pulse to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine cabbage, apples, carrots and green onion.
- Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Add walnuts and blue cheese before serving.
I never considered putting blue cheese in coleslaw, but this was awesome. I only made half the dressing, boiled it, and put it on hot because that's my favorite way to make coleslaw. Also I couldn't find purple cabbage so settled for coleslaw mix with green and purple cabbage. Made for My 3 Chefs 2013.