Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posting for ZWT 7. This recipe comes from epicurious.
Make and share this Wild Mushrooms, Shallot and Gruyère Omelets recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fresh wild mushrooms such as shiitake mushrooms or 4 ounces oysters, trimmed, sliced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 eggs
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 2⁄3 cup grated gruyere cheese (about 2 ounces)
- minced fresh parsley
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and mix in 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley.
- Beat 3 eggs and 2 teaspoons water in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Heat small omelet pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and heat until foam begins to subside. Add egg mixture. Stir eggs with fork several times, drawing back of fork across bottom of pan. Lift edges of egg and let uncooked egg flow under until top is almost set. Spoon half of cheese, then half of mushroom mixture down center of omelet. Fold omelet over filling in thirds and transfer to plate.
- Make second omelet with remaining eggs, water, salt and pepper, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, mushrooms and cheese.
- Garnish with parsley.
My daughters and I made this for 'breakfast-in-bed' Father's Day and it was a big hit. I did not have shallots and used a small clove of garlic instead. I added chives with the parsley as well. Made for ZWT 7 - Food.Commandoes
Very nice omelets!! The gruyere cheese and the mushrooms really makes this a real breakfast treat! Thanks for a great recipe. Made for ZWT7 and Saucy Silverado's.
I had company so served this up and it was enjoyed by everyone. I didn't have shallots, so used red onion instead. Thanks for a nice breakfast! Made for ZWT#7 by a Food.Commando.