Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pasta is a great mid week, quick fix dinner and if I can make it exciting, that's just a bonus. I love mushrooms too, so this is a keeper - with or without the sherry.
- 100 g pasta
- 4.92 ml sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175 g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 175 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 175 ml vegetable stock
- 59.16 ml dry sherry
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- thyme leaves, to garnish
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stock and sherry and mix well.
- Stir in the tomatoes, thyme and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bring slowly to the boil, stirring, then cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with thyme leaves and serve with freshly cooked pasta.