2 hrs 45 mins
with pickled onion and spinach n top of baby leek salad tassed in sherry vinaigrette. From Völundur Snær Chef. www.volundur.com It is pretty certain that this will be found to be a very pleasing dish indeed. It is fresh in taste utilizing pure veggetables, and certainly low in fat. Use 1 terrine mold (about 1 1/2 inch wide, at least 2 inch high and about 5 inch long).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the mushrooms and the pickled onions into thn slices, remove stems from spinach.
- 2blanch spinach and squeeze all excess waater out of it.
- 3Sauté the mushrooms in a pan with grape seed oil, crushed garlic, springs og rosmary and thyme.
- 4allow liquid to drip off the onion slices.
- 5Moisten terrine mold and line with plastic wrap.
- 6Arrange mushroom slices and onion, along with pieces of spinach in alternative layers, sprinkling each layer with salt and pepper.
- 7dissolve gelatine into two cups of hot mushroo, stock.
- 8pour the liquid into the mold, covering the layers completely.
- 9Fold plastic wrap over the aspic and put it under pressure.
- 10Place aside in a cool place to firm up.
- 11For serving, remove the aspic from the mold but keep in plastic wrap as it is easier to cut that way. The slices should be about quater of an inch in thickness. Remove plastic wrap before serving on top of a bed of baby leek salad tossed with sherry vinaigrette and seasoned with Fleur de sel.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (1529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 879.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 321.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.7 g
- Sugars 55.2 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: