Recipe by PanNan
This recipe was posted in our local newspaper this week. It looked so good, and I didn't see one like it in the database, so decided to share it.
Top Review by Sharon123
This is an excellent dish! I used a mix of shitake, button, and portabella mushrooms and used vegetable broth instead of beef. The flavors were incredible. Thanks for a yummy dish!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 113.39 g packagemixed wild mushrooms, rinsed
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 396.89 g can low sodium beef broth
- 170.09 g wide egg noodles
- 177.44 ml light sour cream
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large pot of water to boiling.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion.
- Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper; cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper over mushrooms; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Turn heat to high; stir in broth.
- Cook, stirring often, to thicken and reduce slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add noodles to boiling water; cook according to package directions.
- Place in large serving bowl.
- Stir sour cream into mushroom mixture; heat until hot, but not boiling, about 1 minute.
- Pour over noodles.
- Add chopped parsley; toss to mix.