1/1 Photo of Wild Mushroom Stroganoff With Noodles
This recipe was posted in our local newspaper this week. It looked so good, and I didn't see one like it in the database, so decided to share it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package mixed wild mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1Heat large pot of water to boiling.
- 2Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion.
- 3Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- 4Add bell pepper; cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
- 5Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper over mushrooms; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 7Turn heat to high; stir in broth.
- 8Cook, stirring often, to thicken and reduce slightly, about 5 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, add noodles to boiling water; cook according to package directions.
- 11Place in large serving bowl.
- 12Stir sour cream into mushroom mixture; heat until hot, but not boiling, about 1 minute.
- 13Pour over noodles.
- 14Add chopped parsley; toss to mix.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Stroganoff With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.9
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 189.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth