This recipe was posted in our local newspaper this week. It looked so good, and I didn't see one like it in the database, so decided to share it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) packagemixed wild mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat large pot of water to boiling.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion.
- Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper; cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper over mushrooms; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Turn heat to high; stir in broth.
- Cook, stirring often, to thicken and reduce slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add noodles to boiling water; cook according to package directions.
- Place in large serving bowl.
- Stir sour cream into mushroom mixture; heat until hot, but not boiling, about 1 minute.
- Pour over noodles.
- Add chopped parsley; toss to mix.